[Qgis-user] columns in spatialite

X Of xof.biz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:55:00 PST 2015

Am 11.11.2015 um 07:59 schrieb Micha Silver:
> Unfortunately I easily forget how sql
>> works, so doing "easy" stuff becomes very time consuming and frustrating.

I think this is a usual problem for us non-regular SQL-users (for any
database-system).

To avoid figuring out complex or even simple queries (imho all
geo-spatial queries are relatively difficult) I always keep a
code-editor-window open, where I copy-paste to and from all successful
queries (and also comment on how they work, even if I think it's silly.
Next morning I'm grateful for it already).

New queries I usually draft in the code-editor first. This way I don't
even have to remember the exact table-names or column names, I can just
start typing and wait for the editor's autocomplete-suggestions.

I think this is quite a good way of working, because this way I can
always and easily reproduces my work, if anything should go wrong with
the databases/views...

Hope this helps avoiding some frustrations. To me, spatialite rocks even
with all it's quirks here and there! Thanks to everyone contributing to
spatialite and QGIS.