[Qgis-user] Action definition for features highlight in other layer.

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Thu Nov 12 12:56:28 PST 2015

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:11:19 -0200, "Fernando M. Roxo da Motta"
<petro at roxo.org> wrote:

  Once again I am answering myself.

  I played a little bit with the "select using an expression" on the
Recs layer.  I used (just an example) :

abs(  "XCoor"  - 813040. ) <= 3900. and
abs(  "YCoor"  - 8886265. ) <= 3287.

And I got an error :

    Parser Error:
    syntax error, unexpected Unknown_CHARACTER, expecting COMMA or ')'

    Eval Error:
    No root node! Parsing failed?

After a lot of editing and all kind of guesswork I found that the
problem were with the decimal points!   In order to make the expression
work I had to rewrite as:

abs(  "XCoor"  - 813040 ) <= 3900 and
abs(  "YCoor"  - 8886265 ) <= 3287

  Both "XCoor" and "YCoor" are floating point coordinates.  I thought
that it could be something related to the l11n and that I should use
a decimal comma in place of decimal point.  No, the error kept popping
out.   Finally to isolate the l11n I started Qgis as:

$  LC_ALL=C  qgis

  The error remained the same, the only way to use the expression was
removing the decimal points.

  Is it a "undocumented feature" (aka bug) or can it be something in my
configuration/installation?

  I am using Qgis 2.12.0-Lyon on Xubuntu 12.04 64 bits.

  Sds.

>   Hi all,
>

>   I am attaching a small jpeg image in the hope that the list allow
> it.  All descriptions bellow are based on this image.
>
>   As (hopefully) can be seen I have two point layers, the green ones
> called Recs and the red ones called Src.
>
>   To each Src point there is a subset of the Recs related based on a
> rectangle, that  is all Recs inside a rectangle centred at the Src
> will be activated when that particular Src is activated.  This is the
> only relation and, of course, the rectangle of a Src point will share
> some Recs from other nearby Src, but it is not a problem as each Src
> is activated separately.
>
>   Hope this is not too confuse.
>
>   Now my question, is there a way to define an action so that when I
> click a Src point all related Recs be highlighted?   Can be a
> selection or whatever other suitable method.
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>

>   Roxo

  Roxo

--