[Qgis-user] Creating Geometries for tabular data

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 06:00:48 PST 2015

Hi,
Matthias, what kind of format can this file be?
This is not the first time I see MapInfo user asking about this feature. I
personnaly had last week to add geometries to features that were in a
tabular file (csv) and couldn't find how to do this except giving an unique
ID to the table data, and in another shapefile digitizing, filling ID after
each drawing and, at the end joining layers. It was possible because there
was not so many features but it's unfriendly.
I thought I could save the csv into shapefile (even empty)  and proceed
with the "add part" tool but "saving as" failed.
It would be nice if we could find a way to address this "issue"...