[Qgis-user] GRASS7 Plugin for QGIS 2.12 on Ubuntu

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 05:46:16 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:
>    I'd also like to know how to get the GRASS plugin installed. Using the
>    ubuntugis-unstable repo on Mint 17.
>
> That depends on which distribution Mint 17 uses and if GRASS7 is available
> for
> it.  In our ubuntugis repository there is a build for precise based on
> GRASS6
> and for trusty based on GRASS7.
>
> Mint 17 uses the trusty base. So I get qgis 2.12 and GRASS 7.0.1 installed
> from ubuntugis-unstable. Also qgis-plugin-grass. But no GRASS plugin in the
> Plugins Manager.
> ?

Can you look into "Log Messages Panel > Plugins" if there is an error like
"Failed to load .../lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassplugin7.so (Reason:
Cannot load library .../lib/qgis/plugins/libgrassplugin7.so:
(libgrass_gis.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory))

in such case there is probably missing path to GRASS libs in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or maybe it is set to different version of GRASS. Try
to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually. GRASS libs must be in path to get
provider/plugin loaded like it was in previous versions, this was not
changed with plugin upgrade.

Radim