[Qgis-user] TimeManager question

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 18 08:43:34 PST 2015

Hi Anita,

Thanks - I will file a feature request.

I don't know what's easier:

1) either have a boolean variable to see if TimeManager is active or not
(this would allow authors to have CASE statements)

2) or introduce a new function called "now_or_animation_datetime()" (or
a similar name, maybe shorter) which would be automagically be replaced
when TimeManager is running. When timemanager is active, it would be
animation_datetime(), when timemanager is inactive, it would be now(). I
wouldn't propose to automatically replace now() with
animation_datetime() when TimeManager is active, as there might be rules
that require now() also in the context of TimeManager running.

The first would be easier to implement, the second easier to be used by
the users - I assume.

Andreas