[Qgis-user] matplotlib error in QGIS 2.8.2

Negri Ignacio Jose negri at agro.uba.ar
Fri Nov 20 15:56:42 PST 2015

Hi,
After an upbtade to QGIS 2.2 to 2.8.2 some of the plugins that use
matplotlib module become broken.

*     The plugin is broken. Python said:*
*     No module named matplotlib*

I understand that this module is installed by default with the QGIS
I´m not savy on python and I´ve tried to solve it without luck, so I ended
up going back to QGIS 2.2 but I want to update

in the modules directory, I see that the matplotlib is there
*
 C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python27\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib-1.3.1-py2.7-win-amd64.egg*

but I can´t import matplotlib from Python console

*     Traceback (most recent call last):*
*     File "<input>", line 1, in <module>*
*       File "C:/OSGEO4~1/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 478, in
_import*
*         mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)*
*     ImportError: No module named matplotlib*

I´ve installed from scratch in another computer without a previous
installation of qgis and had the same issue, others modules as numpy are
imported ok.

 Thank you very much and great work with Qgis!

--
Ignacio "Nacho" Negri
Office:(+1) 662-624-9265
negri at agro.uba.ar