[Qgis-user] The XML of getcapabilities should not have any ascii code over 128

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 02:59:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

we experienced this user case problem.

In the qgis-server getcapabilities response the information of the
"Abstract" is taken from the field:
layer-properties -> metadata -> Abstract.

But ofet the user fill this field with some cut/paste from other documents.
So doing, if fill this field with many unacceptable character.
Like these:

“ ” ’

or the very hard to see "no blank space".

The qgis accept all of this without any problem,
but when return the repsonse from a GetCapabiities request.

The response is not valid for the xml.
So many standard xml clients report a not well formed xml.

We don't have any good ideas to how resolve this issue.

My question is if could be possible in the qgis-server site to do a
xml conversion of all this character.
Instead of send them directly.

AFAIK all of this could be coded to be corected coded in a XML response.

Any thought on this ?

Thx.