[Qgis-user] Removing artifacts in a created DEM

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Oct 17 00:37:01 PDT 2015

Hi Hernan,

I think neither of the methods you used give good results for
interpolating terrain data (or most other interpolations).

I had good results with v.surf.rst (available in the Processing toolbox
in the GRASS section). There are tons of options with the v.surf.rst -
but the defaults probably work for most options. You also don't have to
output all the raster results - just the interpolated surface.

One of the other options is the "Interpolation plugin" which comes with
QGIS (but you have to enable it in QGIS). It appears in the raster menu
in as "Interpolation". It offers a TIN interpolation and IDW. I think
the TIN method is the more interesting one.

Hope this helps,
Andreas