[Qgis-user] DXF Export in QGIS 2.10

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 1 06:06:13 PDT 2015

Hi Thomas,

libreCAD is extremely limited with its DXF Import  and capabilities in
general. Apparently it can't correctly deal with labels. QCAD or
Draftsight do a slightly better job than libreCAD. The export was
optimized for compatibility with Autocad and FME. This is our reference.
They both read the files fine.

You should ask at the libreCAD project, if they can't correctly read the
DXF file.

If we wouldn't export the Font/Text properties, the Autocad users would
complain that the text does not match how it looked like in QGIS ...

Andreas