[Qgis-user] Adding a Mac to a group of PCs

Árni Geirsson arni at alta.is
Tue Sep 1 08:12:10 PDT 2015

Hi
I am adding a Mac to a local network of PCs. The Mac user uses QGIS (as
well as the PCs) and accesses data on a shared drive. Now the problem comes
up that data sources have different paths to the shared drive in each
operating system, making cooperation difficult. On the other hand, since
the .qgs file is easy to edit, some simple solution might map the paths
automatically on open and back on save, to compensate for these
differences. And maybe there is some other solution out there.
I realize that having all shared data in PostGIS might be one way to solve
this but I suspect that it might be both slower and a little more
cumbersome.
All thoughts and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Árni Geirsson