[Qgis-user] Saving qgs project file takes forever on VPN - no problem with data

John Harrop jcharrop at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:15:49 PDT 2015

Is the VPN doing the locking or QGIS?  We used QGIS with shapefile data over Dropbox and had a few conflicts with accidental multiple editors.  We now enforce read only to everyone except the directory owner (using Dropbox to enforce).  That has worked fine.

I have fairly slow saves, but I must admit its getting to be a big project.  Smaller ones (also on Dropbox) are fine.  But Dropbox should appear to QGIS as local files with the synchronization going on in the background.

Regards,

John