[Qgis-user] Concatenate address fields with NULLS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Sep 20 03:59:01 PDT 2015

Hi Phil,

In addition to COALESCE I'd like to promote the use of the function
*CONCAT()* which treats NULL values as empty strings (it was changed
recently, it's probably since 2.10) what makes it very handy.

Example:

NULL || "hello" -> NULL

vs.

CONCAT( NULL , "hello") -> "hello

vs.

COALESCE( NULL, "" ) || "hello" -> "hello"

Cheers,
Matthias