[Qgis-user] vector shp from NAD83 (CSRS98) to UTM WGS84

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:34:26 PDT 2016

The NTv2 GSB[1] for Canada is shared under the "Open Government License -
Canada"[2].

I made a request some years ago and they did it! So it's definitely a good
step forward.

I'm not a license guru so not sure if it can be packaged and redistributed
with FOSS (ie, QGIS or proj).

I know for provincial (cause I'm in British Columbia) the Provincial
Government has their own GSB for distribution, albeit a different and
non-open license (I've asked for it to be switched to open license as
well). I tend to use those, so asking with Provincial agencies/ministries
would be a good bet too.

[1]
http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/b3534942-31ea-59cf-bcc3-f8dc4875081a
[2] http://open.canada.ca/en/open-government-licence-canada