[Qgis-user] Question about city layer density

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Apr 3 05:51:02 PDT 2016

Hi,
I don't have Qgis front on me but  you can use expressions for scale rendering of labels. ($scale).   I think we can also do that with conditional formats objects properties.  You could set object to become transparent depending on the expression.  The below link is for labels but the same should apply to object formating... (I am pretty sure this is not a figments of my Imagination.)   This way, you could use only one layer.
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2013-November/024825.html
Nicolas