[Qgis-user] Qgis what epsg text file is using

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Apr 9 04:26:32 PDT 2016

Am 09.04.2016 um 10:21 schrieb Andrea Peri:
> Hi,
> For our internal use i need customize the epsg file of the PROJ.
> I customize the epsg of the PROJ installed in the path /usr/loca/
> But it seem dont be used from the qgis that still is doing as if the epsg
> was not changed.
> So i guess the qgis could use an its own internal PROJ or an its internal
> epsg file.
> If this is true, i like to know where is stored the epsg information for
> proj
> To be able to customize also they.

QGIS uses its own CRS database srs.db, on Linux in
/usr/share/qgis/resources/ and on Windows in C:\Program Files\QGIS
Essen\apps\qgis\resources.

During installation, it synchronizes the default file with the
projections from an installed GDAL version. On Linux, it is crssync in
/usr/lib/qgis; under Windows, crssync.exe is in C:\Program Files\QGIS
Essen\apps\qgis.
Once done, it does not look into the GDAL files anymore (except for
external GDAL commands).

You might re-run the synchronize tool, or do your changes in the srs.db,
table tbl_srs. It is a spatialite database, so all tools that can edit
sqlite databases should work.

HTH,
André Joost