[Qgis-user] String variable in modeler

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 01:43:13 PDT 2016

I am trying out the modeller in the QGIS processing toolbox. What I am
trying now is to link together the functions (1) add column to attribute
table, and (2) upload raster values to that new column, using the
v.what.rast.points function.

In step 1, the column name can be define by a string parameter. I.e., if
one adds a String to the model, that automatically is added to the
dropdown list for for 'Field name' parameter.

In step 2, I thought that same String would be available in the drop
down list of the 'name of the attribute column to be updated with the
query result'. However, it is not (the dropdown list is empty).

This image shows the model I am trying to create, with the added red
line illustrating the step that doesn't seem possible:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BxmPKNQOjMeveVBwTVhaamx4S3c&export=download
. Am I trying something that isn't possible, or do I need to do this
differently?

Rgds,

Paulo