[Qgis-user] shift or control to toggle zoomin/zoomout

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Apr 16 03:59:51 PDT 2016

On 16-04-16 06:18, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In QGIS:
>
> Space + move mouse is pan
> Middle click mouse is always pan
> Mouse wheel is always zoom.
>
> Page Up/Down = Zoom In/Out
>
> Not sure we need any other methods at this stage.

Mmm, did not know the space+mouse move, middle click etc...

But still I think we do not need a zoom in and zoom out button, that
could be one as in most other graphic tools. Mmm, actually trying out
the space/move option, I think we could do with one button: pan/zoom :-)

My question also comes from my hope to come to a more generic way of
handling mouse/keyboard in graphic programs. I think in general it would
be a good thing when these would be more adjustable, or even able to
create 'profiles': a set of shortcuts for certain type of work. For
example it could be possible to put QGIS in CAD-mode, making the step
for an average AutoCAD/Microstation digitizer smaller to use QGIS for
his/her daily work...

Maybe a more advanced interface, making 'maptool' even more pluggable so
CAD-maptools could be easier molded to personal tools?

Anyway, keep moving :-)

Regards,

Richard