[Qgis-user] Open geometryless tables from GeoPackage

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Apr 28 01:29:34 PDT 2016

Le jeudi 28 avril 2016 07:03:45, Stefan Ziegler a écrit :
> Yes, compiled and running against gdal master.
>
> Do you just drag 'n' drop the geopackage file into QGIS? Do you mind trying
> this one: http://sogeo.services/tmp/av_2495.gpkg
>
> I checked it with "ogrinfo -so av_2495.gpkg" and it only shows the tables
> with geometry (gdal 1.11 and gdal master).

Stefan,

OK, I see. This database hasn't been produced by GDAL. GDAL only produces
and recognizes non-spatial tables that conform to http://gdal.org/geopackage_aspatial.html ,
which is a GDAL-specific extension that was created to address the support of
such tables : https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5521 ,
http://lists.opengeospatial.org/pipermail/geopackage/2014-June/thread.html#22

You can upgrade your DB to aspatial by doing the following :

$ sqlite3 av_2495.gpkg

INSERT INTO gpkg_contents (table_name, data_type, last_change)
 SELECT name, 'aspatial', strftime('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%fZ', 'now' ) FROM
 sqlite_master WHERE type = 'table' AND name NOT LIKE 'gpkg_%' AND
 name NOT LIKE 'sqlite_%' AND name NOT LIKE 'rtree_%' AND
 name NOT IN (SELECT table_name FROM gpkg_contents);

INSERT INTO gpkg_extensions
  (table_name, column_name, extension_name, definition, scope)
VALUES
  (
    NULL,
    NULL,
    'gdal_aspatial',
    'http://gdal.org/geopackage_aspatial.html',
    'read-write'
  );

The original point for the aspatial extension was to be compatible with requirements from metadata,
but the latest revision of the GPKG spec has demoted metadata support itself as an extension.
So perhaps GDAL could be more lax on opening.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com