[Qgis-user] A patient request for MySQL support on QGIS/Mac!

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Aug 3 22:56:53 PDT 2016

Hi Michael,

You can try installing from homebrew. I think the following should get
you what you want (it requires some terminal usage though):

|/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install gdal-20 --with-mysql
brew install qgis-214

There are plans to build click-n-install packages on top of these
homebrew formulae. I know they are in the pipeline but don't have the
details. Maybe Larry can say more about that.

Matthias