[Qgis-user] QGIS - cached WMS / WFS service feeds?

Chris Buckmaster chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk
Thu Aug 18 00:51:23 PDT 2016

Hi

I have been adding some authentication to my Geoserver instance so around half of the layers served through WMS / WFS are now restricted and require a username and password.

On accessing the services through the WMS / WFS connections in QGIS (2.16.1), I notice that the ones I changed to require a username and password are still showing up (although they cannot be added, they are prompted for a username and password).

It isn't too much of an issue, but I have set my catalog mode as 'Hide' in Geoserver so presumed they would not show up in the layer list, and was wondering if QGIS perhaps caches these connections and stores the layer information that was previously accessible?

Thanks, Chris