[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.16 - Rule based labelling

Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin at swm.de
Tue Aug 30 01:56:58 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

yes, now I can confirm. I forgot to test the expression builder. The issue occurs, as you said, only when I change the rule in the 'expression string builder' window. A workaround might be to create the expression in 'expression string builder' window, copy it and paste it into the 'filter' text field which retains the text. Or you could change the expression in expression builder, OK, type a blank and delete it again in 'edit rule' window, then the expression is retained. Anyway, I think it would be good to report the bug on http://hub.qgis.org/issues.

Regards

Benjamin Fünfer-Königstein
S-IP-AN-TG Techn. Geschäftsfelder

Von: Chris Buckmaster [mailto:chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. August 2016 10:21
An: Fuenfer-Koenigstein.Benjamin S-IP-AN-TG; qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Betreff: RE: QGIS 2.16 - Rule based labelling

Hi Benjamin

My process is as follows...

Using a point dataset from PostGIS, and the rule based labelling for Labels.

My rule says "CLASSIFICA" = 'Woodland Or Forest' AND "FONTHEIGHT" = 'Small', with this I also have a scale range included.

When I try to change this (for example to "FONTHEIGHT" = 'Medium'), I click on the browse button next to 'Test', I then manually alter the text within my expression from 'Small' to 'Medium'.

I OK this - back at the 'Edit rule window', I do see that the text has changed to 'Medium', I then click OK but back at my rule based labelling screen the text still says 'Small'.

If I decide to change the expression from the 'Edit rule' window and not open the expression, it does retain the change, so there looks to be an issue (from my set up anyway) where it is not storing any changes within the expression window.

I am using QGIS 2.16.1.

Thanks, Chris