[Qgis-user] qgis browser hangs while opening big shapefile

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Aug 30 07:52:17 PDT 2016

Hi,
If the CRS are different, an empty file is to be expected.  Try opening the original shape file with the "CRS on the fly"turned off. You could saving the shape file in an other format like spatialite. .shp are less capable of dealing with bid complex shapes that we can create today.
Good luck
Nicolas

Envoyé de mon iPad