[Qgis-user] QGIS vs ArcGIS in Education and Practice

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:40:43 PST 2016

On 16 December 2016 at 08:38, Nicolas Cadieux
<nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a good question! My answer would be that students have a better
> chance of having a job if the learn GIS and not a software.

+1 to that. To put it bluntly, I think ANY GIS practitioner who can
only list experience with a single application (or vendor's suite) on
their resume is not at all competitive in today's market. There's
enough free open source or trial software available that it really
shows a lack of motivation for someone not to have skills in more than
one application.

Nyall