[Qgis-user] Tool to copy the content of the map canvas to the clipboard

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:23:35 PST 2016

Hi List-members -

Is there in Qgis a function / button / menu-item / short-cut / plugin to
make a simple bitmap copy of the current content of the map-canvas and
save it to the clipboard ? My users need this to make a copy of the map
and paste into MS-Word or other software.

I really need the functionality for my users and I can't seem to find
it. The closest I've come is the "save as png" menu-item in the project
menu. But it's to cumbersome to use in this case.

I'm familiar with the composer function. My users can't use this neither
because it takes to long to activate (to many choices and to many
buttons to click)

So I've decided to make a simple plugin to cover this functionality. But
first I want to be very sure the function actually is missing ;-)

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Municipality of Frederikssund, Denmark.