[Qgis-user] spatialjoin

Andrew amcaninch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:14:39 PST 2016

I am not totally clear on exactly how you want it to work so this may or
may not be helpful. I have something similar set up using the refFunctions
plugin you mentioned.  I believe that the layers need to be in the same CRS
for the reference functions.

If you want to simply add a field with names to a set of existing points
then you can use the field calculator and enter something like:
geomintersects('Layer B','name_field')

You can also set QGIS to calculate this for new features you digitize.  Add
a new field to Layer A and In the field properties set the default value to
the above formula.

Finally, if you need it to work with layers in different CRS and are
feeling pythonically adventurous I think it'd be pretty straightforward to
make a custom function to do it  Just copy the refFunctions
geomintersects() code into the function editor and add a bit to do a CRS
transformation on the feature.

Andrew

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 3:03 PM, Laurent Bourlet <laurentbourlet34 at gmail.com