[Qgis-user] Geophysical Processing

Lester Anderson arctica1963 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:30:46 PST 2016

Hi Grant,

As a potential fields geophysicist myself, I often do all my
processing using GMT or Mirone,both of which can be used to compute
derivatives via grdfft, including directional and differential RTP
(for your mag). GMT can work with a number of data formats but
primarily netCDF; Mirone has a few more import options for grids.

Getting grids into QGIS is either via GeoTIFF or using a grid format
that works between GMT and QGIS, which is for 2.10 at least, the older
"classic" GMT grid format.

I would certainly suggest working with GMT ( http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/ ).

Lester