[Qgis-user] Crash on startup of QGIS 2.8.6 (nightly build)

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 3 04:46:07 PST 2016

Hi,

Or you can use different startup options - see
http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.html#command-line-options

with the

--configpath C:\temp\qgistest

You can temporarily set your .qgis2 directory to some other path without
loosing your settings. It also writes the Windows registry settings into
a QGIS.ini file.

--noplugins helps to disable all plugins

As others said, in 95% of the cases it is because of a broken plugin or
setting.

Andreas

On 2016-02-03 11:55, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> 016-02-03 11:29 GMT+01:00 Peter Schürch <p.schuerch at meierpartner.ch>:
>
>> Dear List
>>
>> I'm running QGIS 2.8.6 (nightly build) after a complete reinstallation of the OSGEO Suite on Windows 8.
>>
>> QGIS crashes on startup without any useful error message but writing a *.dmp file.
>>
>> Is there any way of retrieving the reason for the crash from the *.dmp file and eventually finding a solution?
>>
>> Remark: I had the same issue with a QGIS 2.12 installation before and therefore I decided to move back to the long-term version... But without success.
>>
>> Thanks for any useful hints how to get back to a running installation of QGIS.
>
> Hi,
>
> first thing to try is to rename .qgis2 directory located in our home folder.
>
> Crashes are often caused by python plugins, by renaming your QGIS settings folder, QGIS with re-create .qgis2 with the default settings and no installed plugins.
>
> --
>
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it [1]

Links: