[Qgis-user] QGIS DB Manager geometry columns issue with PostGIS 2.0

Chris Buckmaster chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk
Fri Feb 5 04:33:36 PST 2016

Hi

I have been using FME to load some data into PostGIS and view it in QGIS 2.12.3.

I am finding that when accessing the data in DB Manager, I get a warning that says 'There is no entry in geometry_columns!'.

On asking another user they mentioned that the geometry columns table was removed in PostGIS 2.0, so my question is, is this a known issue / bug within QGIS, or is it the way in which I am storing my data? Just wondering if this will be looked at in future QGIS versions.

Thanks, Chris