[Qgis-user] Create rectangle with minLat,maxLat,minLon,maxLon

gam17 at riseup.net gam17 at riseup.net
Sun Feb 7 02:02:12 PST 2016

Hi,
    you can use a plugin called QAD (https://github.com/geosim/QAD).
code repository is here:
https://github.com/geosim/QAD

download zip from here:
https://github.com/geosim/QAD/archive/master.zip then unzip in
<home>/.qgis2/python/plugins then remove the "-master" suffix
(otherwise you'll have python invalid syntax during loading plugin
module) and restart QGIS.

The current coordinate system must be a projected system if you want QAD
commands to work.
You can draw a rectangle specifing the coordinates in any coordinate
system (look at the QAD documentation,
section "Coordinate specified in a coordinate reference system different
from the current one").
Type "rectangle" command (english version) in the text window or use
toolbar or menu (vector->QAD).