[Qgis-user] ARCGIS Geodatabase import

Piotr Kania p.kania at op.pl
Mon Feb 8 00:05:02 PST 2016

Hi,

If your layers have long field attribute's names and you would like to
have it in qgis the easiest would be export your .gdb file to spatialite
format
(http://www.northrivergeographic.com/archives/spatialite-arcgis-qgis),
then you could open spatialite in qgis and use it or export to postgis.
Sometimes sth goes wrong and there are some geometry errors, that's why
if I were you I would just export all layers from .gdb to shapefiles and
then export to postgis - don't edit shapefiles in qgis, it's safer to
edit vector layers as a postgis or spatialite - if you need to stick
with qgis all the time. In shapefile all long attribute's names are
truncated, so you will have to rebuild in postgis or spatialite.