[Qgis-user] adding points within polygons

Brent Wood pcreso at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 09:01:41 PST 2016

Hi Robert,
You can create a layer of points for each polygon using:Vector - Geometry Tools - Polygon Centroids
if you have a common field in this and the census data, you can then join the two:Layer - Properties - Join
But I recommend the use of an underlying database tool to manage your data, such as Postgis or Spatiallite, and join the data there to be used in QGIS. A collection of files does not provide the power of a database for managing data, even when accessed by QGIS.

Well managed data is the foundation your analysis, model or GIS sits on...

Cheers

Brent Wood