[Qgis-user] Open attribute table in form view by default

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Feb 8 14:01:53 PST 2016

Hi again,

Indeed, for us enterprise users a nice collection/overview of reasons for working with and paying for FOSS (including a howto) could be really helpful when discussing with decision makers.

I remember Paolo had a post in that direction: https://faunaliagis.wordpress.com/2013/09/15/6-reasons-to-pay-for-open-source-software/

A critical point might also be that it can be simply more easy, to use money on proprietary software. You have probably only one local dealer, you get a price and you know more or less what you get for your money. Once you made your decision on a software, sat aside your annual license fees and accepted that this has to be payed, things go more or less automatically... With the legal entity, QGIS is maybe on a good way there. I could also imagine, that the grouping the many feature requests into (crowd) fundable packages might be helpful. In some cases the gentle push from a starting crowd funding activity (or when it is about to end) can be enough to make people to use some money...

Cheers
Stefan