[Qgis-user] Qgis-user Digest, Vol 120, Issue 39

rsweeny rsweeny at mun.ca
Thu Feb 18 01:24:19 PST 2016

Nicholas
Thank you very much for the ample and useful response. I realize now
that I was confusing the "merged' file, which appears in the table of
contents if you ask it to add the newly created file to the map, with
the saved file. I gather I should be working with the saved file, which
requires adding it separately to the map from its saved location. I
guess the merged file is useful if you want to do quick verifications of
something during a work session, but it is not something at all
permanent even if "saved". Suffice to say I for one did not find this
intuitive, thanks for helping me through the maze.
Robert Sweeny