[Qgis-user] Legally use image data from online services

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 5 02:46:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

My employer (Switzerland) is interested in an online image service
(satellite or aerial images) that we can legally use to derive data
from, e.g. in QGIS. It is important that the data is up-to-date (not
older than 1.5-2 years or so).

The "Quick map services" plugin provides data from Google, Mapbox, ESRI,
etc. - but as far as I understand we can't use it, because it is illegal
to use. Does someone know a similar service to Google, Mapbox or ESRI
ArcGIS Online that we can legally use from within QGIS - of course we
are willing to pay for it.

Thank you for any hints you may have.

Andreas