[Qgis-user] Mssql offline table with sync

damos damien.stephens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:17:23 PDT 2016

Hi. was wondering if there is any currently available method to have a
similar functionality to the way that mapinfo works with MSSql tables.
in a nutshell you have the option of a linked table or a live table.
I would like the linked option, where once the connection is made a local
copy of the table is created. this local copy can then be refreshed with the
push of a button.
This is great for field work where you dont have a reliable internet
connection. I know that I can get a live connection, save the live table as
a layer definition file then save as a shape or spatiallite table, then copy
and paste the styles across or set the default qml file, then close and
reopen the LDF and resave but that is a lot of messing around.
any assistance gratefully accepted.

thanks
Damien