[Qgis-user] installing photo2shape plugin

Andrew Mathews amathews at ucsc.edu
Wed Jun 1 15:12:37 PDT 2016

Dear All,
I apologize if this is a very stupid question- I am familiar with GIS, but not at all with Python, which seems to be the problem.

When I installed the latest version of QGIS (due to a flash drive crash), Photo2Shape, which used to work perfectly, no longer works.
Instead, I get an error message “The Plugin is broken. Python said: No module named exifread”.

I have been through the documentation for the module, and although there are quite detailed instructions, I really can’t figure out how to install exifread.
Does anyone have a suggestion or experience with this?

Many thanks for your help and patience,

Andrew Mathews

Qgis-user mailing list
Qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org

Andrew S. Mathews
Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology
Room 325, Social Sciences Building 1
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel: 831-459-2080
Fax: 831-459-5900
Office Hours: Spring ’15 Fridays 1:00-4:00 p.m.

https://amathews.sites.ucsc.edu

Book Published November 18, 2011 "Instituting Nature: Authority, Expertise, and Power in Mexican Forests", MIT Press, 2011.
http://www.amazon.com/Instituting-Nature-Authority-Expertise-Environment/dp/0262516446