[Qgis-user] Lookup Tables in File GDB?

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 08:59:06 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm trying to work with a planimetric dataset available here:
https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Transportation/NYC-Planimetrics/wt4d-p43d,
which is available in a FileGDB format.

When I load the layers from the gdb in QGIS, some fields are field with
numeric values (e.g., entries in the PARK layer, for the FEATURE_CODE
column are integers). However, when I load the gdb in Arc, FEATURE_CODE is
filled with string entries (e.g,  'Park Boundary'). Thus, it seems like
ESRI uses a lookup table or something on this. Does anybody have experience
in dealing with this type of issue? Is there a good way to deal with this
via QGIS or OGR? (I'm ultimately wanting to import the data to PostGIS,
where the same issue is occurring, using org2ogr)

Thanks!
Mike