[Qgis-user] Qgis failed to startup

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jun 13 23:46:15 PDT 2016

On 13-06-16 22:03, christoph wrote:
> Hi, I built Qgis from git clone source,
> ccmake ..
> make -> without any errors,
> make install -> without any errors
> Qgis/build/bin/ qgis error -> Speicherzugriffsfehler
> anyone a idea what is causing that?
>
> christoph at excelsior:~/myworld/QGIS/build/bin$ ./qgis
> Speicherzugriffsfehler

Hi Chris,

what distro/OS/version are you on?

(maybe you are better of on dev-list for such questions)

If you build like you do you can either run from build/output/bin directory.
OR you do make install, and if you did not point to a custom install
directory, I think you have todo 'sudo make install' because QGIS is
copying stuff to places where normal users have no write permission.

My take: install in your home dir (you can compile/run several versions
then):

-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/YOU/bin/qgis/2.1x

And create a little startup script like belose (take away stuff you do
not need, and fix paths for your situation)...:

# path to libs in install dir
# path to oracle lib
# path to grass70 lib
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/richard/apps/qgis/master/debug/lib/:/home/richard/dev/oracle/12.1/instantclient_12_1:/usr/lib/grass70/lib

# passing ALL parameters to qgis bin
# eg to be able to call a certain translation
# qgis --lang nl
/home/richard/apps/qgis/master/debug/bin/qgis "$@"

Hope this helps,

Richard Duivenvoorde