[Qgis-user] QGIS Shapefile Structure (?)

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 01:54:35 PDT 2016

Hello Spring,

This has to do with the way qgis (GDAL) handles the feature deletion.
Instead of totally removing them (which takes longer) it mark them as
deleted.

The (not very elegant) workaround here is to save the layer to a new
shapefile using save as...

Hope it helps

A qua, 22/06/2016, 09:39, Springfield Harrison <stellargps at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hello All,
>
>         I have been opening QGIS shapefiles in Manifold GIS and noticed
> that
> they bear very little resemblance to the same file in QGIS, in some
> cases.  When I then saved that file in QGIS as a different file, and
> opened it in Manifold GIS, all the features were present and arranged
> as expected.
>
>         On another occasion, it looked like previously deleted polygons
> were
> visible when opened in Manifold GIS.
>
>         And, in another instance, when attempting in QGIS to create a
> polygon, that failed.  Instead, portions of old, deleted polygons
> were reactivated instead!  What is going on here?  This does not look
> like trustworthy behavior.
>
>         I tried using SpatiaLite files instead of shapefiles, but there
> edit
> and feature  creation failed outright.
>
>         I believe this has been dealt with earlier; could someone point me
> to the discussion?  I did a brief search but could not find the relevant
> posts.
>
>                 Thanks very much, Cheers . . . . . . . . Spring Harrison

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo
http://sigsemgrilhetas.wordpress.com
http://gisunchained.wordpress.com