[Qgis-user] Offline Editing: Call for testing (QGIS 2.16)

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Jun 22 08:20:51 PDT 2016

Hi Alessandro,

On 06/22/2016 01:35 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>>:
>     If you use offline editing, please be so kind and test tomorrows nightly
>     build and report any issues you find. I'll be happy to ship the next
>     version of QGIS with a much improved offline editing support.
>

> What it exactly the test procedure? What exactly was broken?

The mapping of source feature id > offline feature id. Whenever you
changed an attribute value and sync'ed back, it would change the
attribute value of a different feature (Unless you are extremely happy
to get exactly the one feature where the mapping matches).

Testing is very easy

 * make a project offline
 * change a few attributes on some features
 * synchronize the changes
 * check if the correct features have been updated

Thanks a lot!
Matthias