[Qgis-user] summing linelengths

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jun 23 02:10:00 PDT 2016

On 23-06-16 10:16, Reginald Carlier wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m using QGIS 2.14 and found that the ‘Vector tool’ >
> Analyse-gereedschap > Basisstatistieken was what I needed.
>
> I still don’t know what the tool ‘Lijnlengtes sommeren’ does. This tool
> should be removed as it does not generate any output.

Hi Reginald,

Running QGIS in english, you get the following descriptions in the
dialog (at least with me here on QGIS master, in 2.14 there is no 'help'
text I see...):

Sum line lengths

This algorithm takes a polygon layer and a lines layer and measure the
total length of lines and the total numer of them that cross each polygon.
The resulting layer has the same features as the input polygon layer,
but with two additional attributes containing the length and lines count
of layers across each polygon. The names of these two fields can be
configured in the algorithm parameters.

Did you check that too?
I'm not sure what exactly the purpose or use-case is for this. But
instead of removing maybe someone can provide a better name?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde