[Qgis-user] FW: Cannot split feature in a multipolygon PostGIS feature type in QGIS

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Jun 23 03:26:42 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

I assume you use the interactive scissor tool? If I use this to split a
part of a two-part multipolygon feature (one part has a hole in it) I
end up with three data sets:
1) northern half of part 1,
2) southern half of part 1
3) part 2
This is QGIS 2.14.3, PostGIS 2.2

Be sure that the edit layer is in the same projection as the project,
though.

Bernhard