[Qgis-user] Variables in print composer

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 23 04:57:06 PDT 2016

Hi Uwe,

All "map_xx" variables are only available on the map frame item itself
(when it is selected) - nowhere else. Items in print composer are on the
same hierarchy - so can't see each other's scope or variables in each
scope. But all items in a composition can see the "composition"
variables because they are one hierarchy above in the scope.

That's a limitation you can't currently overcome. It would be nice to
cross-reference variables from other elements in the same hierarchy -
but it is not possible currently - at least I don't know how.

Andreas