[Qgis-user] QGIS problem with GeoPackage database views

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Jun 27 00:34:41 PDT 2016

Marcus Blake <marcusthemapmaker at ...> writes:

> Things that do not work...
>
> 1. QGIS is not displaying the Attribute Table of a GeoPackage view
correctly. Attribute values are repeated for a single row.
> 2. Any Select operation that is applied either to the attributes or the
geometries results in the whole layer being selected.

> In summary it looks like whilst the geometries of a GeoPackage view are
being interpreted correctly the link to the underlying attributes in a view
is not. Incidentally, neither the latest version of ArcGIS or MapInfo
Profession can interpret views in GeoPackage either and this has been
identified as a bug by both organisations.

> Any help from some one who knows their way around how GeoPackage is
interpreting views would be gratefully received.

I made some quick tests by making queries directly with SQL from spatialite-gui

SELECT * FROM "sa1_b01_map_v"
order by SA1_MAINCODE_2011
limit 100;

Looks good with no duplicates.

select * from "sa1_b01_map_v"
where SA1_7DIGITCODE_2011=1135752;

One row returned.

You should give more detailed examples about what you do, what you get, and
what is the expected result.

-Jukka Rahkonen-