[Qgis-user] Virus ( Trojan.Gen.SMH) detected by Symantec in QGIS 2.14.3 32 bits

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Jun 27 01:35:32 PDT 2016

Matthias Kuhn schreef op 2016-06-27 07:47:
> On 06/27/2016 09:31 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> Matthias Kuhn schreef op 2016-06-27 07:25:
>>> I don't think we are shipping malware and I am not aware of anything
>>> that we could do without further information.
>>
>> We could maybe add some info in the Windows-installer which states
>> that
>> certain Virus-software (namely Symantec) is known to fire false
>> positives?
>
> Why not try contacting them first?
>
> Not to be accused seems to be the better solution than pleading for
> innocence after being impeached.

Off course, contact them also (thanks Juergen), and I think some time
ago a user also did.

But this is not the first time (and if I'm right not the only Windowz
virus checker) that reports QGIS as trojan or virus. And I have seen
more Windows installers stating:
"Please disable your virus checkers before installation of xyz"
So I think Windows users have seen this before...

(and yes, we should not blame Symantec by naming them in that message,
that was just a personal agony I still have with Symantac from
historical days.... sorry for that)

Regards,

Richard