[Qgis-user] QGIS mobile

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Tue Jun 28 06:23:51 PDT 2016

Uwe Fischer wrote
> does anybody know an Open Source alternative to ArcPad for a Windows
> mobile
> GPS handheld? As far as I know, QGIS mobile can only be run on Android.
>
> All I found on Google was gvSIG (which seems to be dead since 2010) or
> questions from other people searching the same as I.

gvSIG mobile is OK and a good alternative to ArcPad. Works for me as a stand
alone mobile GIS on an old Windows mobile 2003 system. Due to memory
capacity I must restrict open programs to only that gvsig mobile on my
device. But it actually works smartly apart from that and with a newer
Windows mobile you shouldn't meet this problem.

It's not possible to exchange data with a gvsig desktop installation (tried
it with all versions) - and never got an answer from the spanish developers
on a question concerning this. Pity, could have been great.

Regards, Christine