[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.14 LTR ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Mar 5 06:29:16 PST 2016

On 05-03-16 15:07, Christophe Damour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering which QGIS version is current LTR.
>
> Changelog says that 2.14 is LTR :
> http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog214/
>
> But QGIS home page says current LTR is 2.8.7 :
> https://www.qgis.org/en/site/
>
> Do I miss something ?

2.14 will be the next LTR, but it will be 'named' LTR and be available
in the LTR repository when we release 2.16

See:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-community-team/2016-March/004554.html

So depending on your goals you could start with 2.14 knowing it is still
2.14.zero(!) maybe hitting a .0 bug, but then you know what to work with
when it will be the true LTR within a 3 of months.

But if you want current rock solid LTR: grab 2.8 for the upcoming months.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde