[Qgis-user] Extra lines to origin

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 15 11:02:32 PDT 2016

I have a DWG fie that was provided to me.  If I use any of a few viewers it appears to be correct.  I then used TeighaFileConverter to convert it to a DXF file, and again it appears to be correct.  But, when I import it into qgis, the LineStrings generally have the correct shape, but also have extra lines that go over to the origin.
My DWG shape file is somewhat away from the origin.  So, that means that  there a whole bunch of extra lines connecting my object over to the origin when viewed in QGIS.
I tried a few different DXF version of the export with no change.  And, a few other viewers that don’t seem to have that problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions for why that might be happening?  Or how I can prevent it?  Or, as a work around is there any way to just filter out all the points that are near the origin?
This first occurred in QGIS 2.12, but I just upgraded to 2.14 and confirmed the same problem.  I am using Mac OS 10.11.3.

Thanks,

--Adam