[Qgis-user] Plugin processing problem

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Thu Mar 17 05:38:43 PDT 2016

Hi Lene

What are you deleting from the registry?

I have uninstalled processing from the user profile and deleted from the OSGeo4W directory and the error message goes away.  Odd that I had two different versions installed.

2.12.2 in user profile
2.12.99 in OSGeo4W folder

Still takes an age to start though:

2016-03-17T12:08:26 0 QGIS starting...
2016-03-17T12:10:22 0 Python support ENABLED :-)
2016-03-17T12:12:31 0 Application state:
QGIS_PREFIX_PATH env var: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis
Prefix: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis
Plugin Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/plugins
Package Data Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/.
Active Theme Name: default
Active Theme Path: C:/Users/mcdonaldr/.qgis2///themes\default\icons/
Default Theme Path: :/images/themes/default/
SVG Search Paths: \\dcnasfs\gis\QGIS\Styles\svg
C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./svg/
C:/Users/mcdonaldr/.qgis2//svg/
User DB Path: C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis/./resources/qgis.db
Auth DB Path: C:/Users/mcdonaldr/.qgis2//qgis-auth.db
2016-03-17T12:12:31 0 QGIS Ready!

Reinstalling 2.12.2 works fine and the search function in toolbox is snappy again.

Starting QGIS with the -–noplugins works (as to be expected with the plugins disabled) and is somewhat quicker (2 minutes).

Restarting via desktop shortcut shows the processing plugin error.

Removing the installed plugin and restoring the core plugin and starting with --noplugins works.

Starting via desktop shortcut with core plugin installed and user added one removed displays the error.  Plugin dialogue box states that “Installed version of this plugin is higher than any version found in repository”
2.12.99 installed in C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\.\python\plugins\processing
2.12.2 available in plugin repo.

Ross