[Qgis-user] I ended up with a strange thing when I tried to split a feature

Azzurra Lentini azzurralentini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:52:02 PDT 2016

Hi,
I had several times the same problem but when I printed my map it does
not appeared in the layout and/or in the paper.. So I just ignore
that!
But normally after 2-3 times I open and close the project it disappear.
I have Win7 and I am using qgis 2.12
A.L.

> Hello
>
> I’m getting started with QGIS, have worked with ArcGIS several years ago.
> I’ve run into an issue and I hope maybe I can get some help here.
>
> I was trying to split a polygon feature using the “Split Features” tool in
> the Advanced Digiitizing toolbar. From there I started trying to draw where
> I wanted the polygon to be split.  But I was having trouble getting the tool
> to go in the direction I wanted, and then I ended up with this odd network
> of line segments on top of the feature I was trying to split.  It’s red with
> green X nodes and then one dotted red line that goes off into the distance.
> I can’t undo it. I can’t select it. I remains even when I hide all layers.
> I  closed the document without saving it and it was still there when I
> reopened the document.
>
> Is this normal, or is it some kind of bug?
>
> I’m using QGIS "2.8.1-Wien" on a Mac OSX 10.11.3
>
> thanks
>
> Joshua

Dr. Hydrogeologist
AZZURRA LENTINI
Expert of evaluation environmental hazards
GIS application
Haity Mobile Tel: 0050946057393
Italy Mobile Tel.: **(39) 338 24 40 676
SKYPE azzurrahydro